Hi Bill,

We just caught this and it will be corrected in the next 1500 f/w release.

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/

On 3/28/2019 9:40 PM, K8TE wrote:
I brought my KPA1500 to Lubbock for the CQ WW WPX SSB Contest.  Like a good
Elecraft owner, I checked for firmware updates using the KPA1500 Utility,
downloaded what is actually version 210, and installed it.  Next, I checked
the integration with the IC-7610, KPA1500, and antenna switch.  Much to my
chagrin, the KPA1500 did not understand CI-V frequency information above
3800 KHz and throughout the 160m band!  My next thought was to panic, but
good Air Force troubleshooting techniques came through.

The antenna switch understood the radio, but not the amplifier.  It worked
in the ARRL DX SSB Contest.  Loading an previous configuration did not
change the symptom.  I downloaded version 207 and that fixed the problem!

BTW, I downloaded version 210 three times and the same symptom occurred with
each.  I tried all other HF bands without failure.  I suggest a quick look
by someone who understands (wrote) the update.  As long as you stay below
3800 and don't use 160m, you won't experience this problem.  Of course, the
KPA1500 frequency counter took over, but that is not "smooth" at full power
and I don't like red LED's shining in my face.

73, and good luck in the contest!  Bill, K8TE