From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Andy Durbin
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 8:20 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Automatic tuner implementation

"It's all about "pruning the search tree," to borrow a term from game
theory."

That always struck me as being a bit like trying to whack a pinata while
blindfolded.     Why is it not possible to measure the complex impedance and
compute the solution?  That should be a lot faster than any iterative
method.  Sure, it needs a better detector but isn't Elecraft about elegant
solutions?

I'll probably find the answer for myself in a while as it's on the list of
things to try with my Kenwood/Elecraft interface (I have LP-100A complex
load impedance available).

Pointers to any failed or successful attempts to do this would be
appreciated.

73,
Andy, k3wyc

---