On 2019-04-08 4:31 PM, Bob McGraw K4TAX wrote:

> I don't find the input impedance of the SDR Play/RSP1 to be
> anywhere near 50 ohms.   In fact it is much higher.    Thus the result
> of using a simple BNC "T" does not load the signal of the main
> receiver.

However, since the K3 receiver is relatively close to 50 Ohms, it
*WILL* load the input of SDRs with high input impedance - to the
extent that the SDR *can* lose 10 dB or more of sensitivity.  The
splitter works to protect the sensitivity of *BOTH* receivers -
if that were not the case why do you think Wayne bothered to include
a splitter in the design for the KRX3!

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV