The last time this was discussed, there were many satisfied users of the
Linemaster Treadlite II foot switch. Here is one with an un-connectored cord.
As you check out the reviews on the variations of the Treadlite II, you’ll find
the “yeah, had one on a drill press for twenty years” reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P53WQM/

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood