All,

My K2 has been out of service for an extended period.  Today, I put it back
on the air and it appears to function properly, except for the bar graph
display which is erratic.  When I rotate the rf gain control counter
clockwise segments begin to illuminate until the 3rd is illuminated.  As i
continue to turn the control no more bars illuminate until I reach about
the 9 o'clock position and then the remaining segments turn on.  When I
turn the control clockwise the segments remain lit until I reach about the
2 o'clock position and then they begin turning off.  This is one of several
patterns I see.  Some times all the segments turn on and stay on and at
other times, only the two left most ones turn on.  Receiver gain seems to
change in relation to the RF gain control's position.

Transmitter seems to work fine, as I made about 20 CW qsos on 20 meters
this afternoon. To me, the issue appears to be a in the bar graph/control
circuitry. Any suggestions as to where to begin troubleshooting?

Robie - AJ4F