    Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:29:49 -0700
    From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
    To: Frank Krozel <kg9hfr...@gmail.com>
    Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>,  Andy Durbin
        <a.dur...@msn.com>
    Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Of words and such

    "Beyond the pale" is an infrequently used idiomatic expression (at least in
the U.S.), probably misunderstood by many. I believe it is used in a negative
sense for the most part, but clearly that isn't what the writer meant.

    Some English words have become completely useless in practice, like
"semiannual" and "biannual," either of which can mean "twice a year" or "every
other year." In fact if you look up the definition for one, you often see the
other shown as a synonym.

    Wayne
    N6KR