The 270 V fault refers to the voltage that is used to bias the pin diodes in
the T/R switch.   That voltage is derived from the same transformer tap as
produces the nominal 60 V supply.  When I built my KPA500 kit I measured the
voltage and found it was much lower than 270.  Customer support told me that
was normal and I have never seen a 270 volt fault.

I'd have no problem removing the top cover and holding the micro switch closed
while I measured the actual voltage on the 270 V connector.  I can't suggest
that you do that.  Perhaps a careful visual inspection of everything you
touched when you had the cover off?

73,
Andy, k3wyc