From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of Mike Streeter via Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:52 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] Fw: KPA 500 HV Problem.

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Mike Streeter <wm...@yahoo.com>To:
elecraft@mailman.qth.net <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎April‎
‎30‎, ‎2019‎ ‎02‎:‎50‎:‎12‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CDTSubject: KPA 500 HV Problem.
 My KPA 500 has been running ok for several years on 120 Volts. Today I turned
it off on the back , unplugged it and opened the top because I thought I might
need to change the voltage tap. I did not need to change it. I replaced the top
cover, plugged it in and turned it on at the back. All ok, but when I turned it
on with the front panel button the HV reads .1 in standby. If I tap OPER it
shows a hard fault and "270V error" .The Manual says this is a 270V supply
failure and to recycle the mains power KPA 500 after it is corrected. I tried
recycling the power but still faults. I don't have any 270V power from the
mains, if I did it would be 240ish, not 270. The fuse block on the back is set
to 115V.Any advice would be welcome.Mike, WM5DX.