Just an interesting aside.

Last night at the radio club meeting the guys were checking out a Yaesu
controller box that will operate the az/el rotor for an ARISS contact this June
from our local library.  No one could get it to work until someone brought in
another connecting cable (I think it was a db 9 pin USB cable).  Voila!  It
works.

Just lurking on the Elecraft site I see many problems are connected to the
incorrect cable or a faulty cable.

Take away:  don’t throw away those cables you have been collecting over the
years.  I have fixed a few problems over the years by trying a different cable.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad