So you want a new radio?
So do a survey.
Remotehamradio.com is running a network of radio stations for their users.
Flex is growing their remote system but they still haven't got a turn the
antenna rotator macro built in. You can band switch between your yagis you
just can't turn them.
Pointing on the dx spot list should in fact turn the antenna and tune the
frequency on your radio, your amp following of course.

So on the one hand we want a radio with a tuning knob, at least some of us
do.
We also want our radio talking to a screen, mouse, whatever to do the click
change operate kind of stuff.

So the new deal now that Elecraft has built a big amp for us is to go after
all the add on software stuff that drives you guys nuts trying to get it to
work with com ports etc.

Elecraft needs code writers since the new box will be a radio but the magic
will be in the remote capabilities and the tuning from dx spots and cw
reader, spotter, stuff. More and more code i hear on dxpeditions is machine
generated. Macro stuff. Allows the op to log you while the radio going QRZ
up 10. He still has to enter your call but that's it. Entering your call
logs you and tells you your 5NN dah id dah.

So the next radio from Elecraft K4-9 will be the interface that does all
the magic and the radio will still be there to tune around when you are in
front of it. I am a remote guy. I live in a city and my station is 2000
miles away. I use a website to talk to it. What do I want next. I want a
panadaptor on the website so I can SEE who is talking to ATNO so I can
zerobeat that guy. No more tuning. Click.

That is the future and it is here now and every new box will have an app
that does everything and is always upgradeable. It can be on a phone or a
table or laptop.

The leaders are Elecraft and Flex. Nobody else comes close. Remote Rig is
passé. It has to be in the radio now. And available to whomever you
authorize. Every serious Contest station has remote capability now.

Warm regards, Bill N2WL