Hello Joe,

Out portable yesterday - KX3 powered by an 8400mahr LiFe battery pack, which
was fully charged that morning before I started operations. Antenna was a
Buddipole vertical on 7119, SWR1.1, with j, C and L components all zero (ie on
the antenna's resonant frequency). KX3 running at 15W out.

After an hour of operating (SSB), the KX3 started to wander off frequency by a
1Khz on transmit. A contact noticed this during a QSO. The battery showed 13.1v
at the time.

I changed the battery, and with the new one the KX3 worked normally.

Is this a low battery issue, or do I need to look elsewhere?

I use my KX3 down to 10 volts an lower without any frequency change.
I suspect rather great transitional resistance, especially when transmitting.
Are the wires from the accu to the KX3 thick enough?
Are the connectors are stable enough (no defective/intermittent contact)?

73/72 de Ingo, DK3RED - Don't forget: the fun is the power!
www.qrp4fun.de - dk3...@qrp4fun.de