Issac,

That current draw seems about normal to me. To reduce the current draw, increase the power source voltage - 14.5 volts or so will reduce the current. The K3 power control circuit is designed to maintain the requested power output - so more voltage equals less current for the same power.

There is a basic current draw for the low level stages in any radio, and that is a major portion of the 3.6 to 4 amps of your current draw at 10 watts. At the 13 watt level you have to add the idling current of the KPA3.
Above that 13 watts, you can assume about 50% efficiency for the PA itself.

73,
Don W3FPR