Since it would likely be a switcher to fit in the space — it is a great idea as
long as it’s absolutely, positively, DEAD QUIET.

I live in a townhome, and am forced by geography to have antennas which aren’t
200' out in the back 40 (since I no longer have a back 40) on sky needles
(which are DOA by default).  Switchers of all ilks have been a problem even
when weighed down by multiple toroids everywhere.   I finally gave up and
recently went back to a linear supply. And yes, it’s about the same size as the
radio … but it IS quiet :-)

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091 KX3 #8342