I have been following the thread on the issue of poor service (perceived). I am a new Elecraft user and can only say great things about the level of service. From Madelyn Gomez to Cody Adams, my experience has been absolutely FIRST CLASS. In fact they should give lessons to some of the other "big" guys on how to treat a customer. One time having a question about my new KPA1500 I sent a query via email, it was 15 minutes later that the phone rang from one of the tech support folks. You can not beat that. It is sad when some people require "instant gratification" and when it is so easy to pick up the phone and talk to a real and intelligent person in the US.
Anyway....my two cents....Elecraft has top notch service....got me sold!
Neil    N4FN