Oh, one thing I forgot, I did send an email to Eric and Wayne about my
odd interactions and I got no reply.

On Fri, 24 May 2019, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

I'm on the they're very good, but not everything goes right list.

My KPA1500 died (I think they had a bad run on capacitors because others
have reported the same thing to me via email) and I emailed the list
here on a Sunday. Eric immediately asked for logs to be sent to support.

Now I've had odd email problems with Elecraft in the past. At the very
least I've never seen a firmware update email so I called Elecraft in
the middle of Monday when I didn't see a reply. What I got was a call
back late in the day where the support person (I can't remember who) was
reading me the riot act about not responding immediately to "the CEO".
Soon afterwards, the support person found my email in their spam folder.

It turned out OK, but I'm still uncertain why they had me try a
different cable, then take the cover off and measure voltages. I'm
perfectly capable, but the KPA1500 isn't a kit.

In the end my amp works fine. UPS was really inexpensive for shipping.
The only odd part was the interaction with support, and how long it took
to debug before they asked me to ship it down. I'm happy with Elecraft,
but the interaction with support was a little odd.