From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:29 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft K4 and Accessibility

On 5/24/2019 5:00 PM, hwhi...@maine.rr.com wrote:
> I suggest you double the size of the radio and change your design
criteria.

This is exactly the opposite of how I feel about radios -- I'll be 78 in the
fall, but I'm still an active guy dragging my gear to portable setups, and
my shack is a SO2R contesting setup (single op, two radios).
For both reasons, I am VERY happy with the light weight and small footprint
of the K3 (as well as it's predecessor, the K2, and relatives, the KX3 and
KX2). I don't want big knobs or even a lot of knobs -- when I'm operating,
the only knobs I'm using are the gain controls and whatever changes
frequency, including RIT or XIT.

But what do I know -- I've only been doing it for 63 years.

73, Jim K9YC