Assume a  K3(S), KAT500, and KPA500 are all interconnected with cables to
provide the maximum level of system integration.

Initial condition - KPA500 STBY, K3(s) transmitting key down 100 W RF output.
Now select OPER on KPA500.  What happens?

Is selection of OPER inhibited?  Does KAT500 open the key line or was it
already open?  Is K3(s) power automatically reduced and, if so, does it happen
fast enough to prevent KPA500 faulting?

My TS-590 / Elecraft interface handles this situation but I think I can improve
how it does it.  Looking for the Elecraft baseline in the hope I can at least
equal it.

Thanks and 73,
Andy, k3wyc