Dave,

Here's what I posted earlier:

* * *

Based in part on a survey of potential users, we chose to put the RIT/XIT knob
at bottom right -- also a traditional location, one that matches that of the
K3/K3S/KX2/KX3. VFO B is less often used in practice. That said, the radio is
only 4.5" tall and both knobs are very comfortably used in these locations.

* * *

I use the K4 every day and find the control locations work well. Only a small
adjustment in finger position is needed to move from VFO A to VFO B.

73,
Wayne
N6KR