Shoot,  That my just be the tipping point for me toward  the K4.

73, Ed - KL7UW

From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: elecraft...@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft] The K4's new noise reduction

We've recently started testing a new DSP NR (noise reduction) algorithm for the K4. Our early testers are saying it's as good or better than anything else they've used, removing stochastic noise without the characteristic "hollow" sound of earlier algorithms. In my own tests, I'm finding weak SSB signals I simply couldn't copy without it. It goes beyond just reducing listening fatigue. This type of NR operates in the frequency domain, like spectral subtraction, but without the usual artifacts (musical tones) or long sampling delays.

Once the full implementation is complete, we'll post audio samples and additional details.

(In answer to the inevitable question: Unfortunately, we won't be able to port this to the K3/K3S. The new algorithm requires the new, much faster DSP chip we're using in the K4.)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

73, Ed - KL7UW