On 6/1/2019 10:21 AM, Jack Brindle via Elecraft wrote:
In other words, leaving the aux cable connected from the K3 to the KAT and KPA
may have some unintended consequences.

Right. I've never used an AUX cable between any of my Elecraft gear, only the keying interrupt lines (as RCA-RCA cables). Frequency detection in the tuners and amps is plenty good enough to switch near instantaneously and call up memorized settings. A dit or a bang on the mic is more than enough.

What IS needed is to either switch the keying interrupt line or loop it through both amps, depending on the keying logic for the other amp.

73, Jim K9YC