I recently started trying to use the CW decoder on my KX3 and am having similar problems.  There seem to be several variables that can affect correct decoding.

You might try changing the RX threshold settings for the decoder.  The manual suggests RX THR3.  Bandwidth may make a difference?

I have been trying to use the KX3 Utility Terminal tab to decode CW, which seems to work well enough on strong received signals. It works fine coding and sending text from memory tabs or from the transmit window,  My problem with the KX3 Utility Terminal tab is that it doesn't show my own keying in the top window.

Are you using the PX3?  I'd try taking it out of the system and see what happens.  I suspect it can mess with decoding CW.

The big surprise is that, while the KX3 Utility doesn't show my CW keying, the text window in the PX3 DOES!

73,

david, KC1DNY