From: "eric norris via Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
To: "li...@w2irt.net" <li...@w2irt.net>; "li...@w2irt.net" <li...@w2irt.net>; "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: 2019-06-10 19:57:02
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 Power Supply Fan Noise

More broadly, has there been any progress on reducing the piercing power supply
fan noise on the KPA1500 when only using it as a tuner or an antenna switch?  I
complained about this a year ago, and I find it completely unacceptable.  No
set of noise-reducing headphones that I have tried works well enough to make
the noise tolerable.  I've tried moving the PS deck around with minimal
improvement.  This just doesn't seem to fit Elecraft's philosophy of a quiet
operating environment.  Why do these fans have to operate at full throttle when
there is minimal current draw from the rf deck?  Why do these fans create such
a piercing high-pitched note?
If there is no response from Elecraft, what have other ops done--short of
moving the PS into an adjoining room--to mitigate the scream?
Thanks,
73 Eric WD6DBM

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Message delivered to k...@charter.net