I know this has been discussed before.  It would be nice to have this optional
interface.

Looking at the VGA schematics it would appear that 85% of the work  has been
done.  The major difference being the driver for the cable, and maybe a few
tweaks in the FPGA.   Memory and A/D frontend Bandwidth should not be a problem
as long as you don’t want 4K,,ect.  1080p is already available in the VGA
adapter.

The other option is a VGA to HDMI converter.   One issue I have with any
arrangement like this is there is yet another “box and cables” hanging off the
back of my K3S/P3.

I found this one that may work.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Converter-Supports-Connecting-Notebook/dp/B00QUWEBXE/ref=sr_1_31?keywords=vga+1080p+to+hdmi+adapter&qid=1560003978&s=pc&sr=1-31

I have ordered one.  I’ll report back on how well (or not) it works.  I have a
43inch Samsung NO-VGA TV to try it on.

Now the K4 has been announced with onboard P3 functionality, with HDMI
interface, maybe HDMI for P3 will appear in the order list.

The other option is to save my “lunch money” for a K4??  Retire the K3S/P3 to
radio museum.

NO, I do not want a JOB!

de Ben W4SC

Sent from Mail for Windows 10