On 6/12/19 at 2:52 PM, richard.corfi...@gmail.com (Richard Corfield) wrote:

I've tried my KX3 today and noticed that the left hand volume rotary
encoder is not working. Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can
do to try to get it working again?

I'm in the UK and this is a second hand radio, so I can't so easily just
sent it back to Elecraft I don't think.

A firmware restore has given me a non-zero AF Gain setting, but no sidetone
as that is turned low and can't change without this encoder.

Sometimes control buttons fail to work due to the ribbon cable connecting the two halves of the KX3 becoming loose or developing bad connections. Opening the KX3 and unplugging/replugging the cable at both ends frequently fixes this class of problem. Using a contact cleaner on the cable contacts may also help.

73 Bill AE6JV