You need to back down the level out of the computer.  Also the PWR level in the
software, which is actually audio level , needs  to be backed down.  This
should allow you to run the Line Gain at 25 to 35.  Never run any of the
controls or levels at maximum or near minimum.  Mid range is best  and tweak
each a small amount as necessary.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone