In a word “yes”. Given that in order to match the RX performance of my
existing K3/P3 (dual RX, K3S synths) it would require me to purchase the
most expensive K4 version, then to me the only possible advantages over my
K3 would be improved SSB TX IMD and improved RX DSP noise reduction.

The K3 noise reduction is very poor, I have never found it useful on SSB,
and certainly not on CW. The K3 TX SSB 3rd/5th/7th/9th IMD products spread
very wide and resemble a felled Christmas tree laid on its side. So a
significant improvement in these areas is where the K4 needs to start.

Reading between the lines on both the Elecraft FAQs and this list, from the
lack of an official mention of pre-distortion or improved TX IMD, I take it
to mean the provision is a possible future upgrade and not included
initially. Kinda like Icom including a frequency reference input socket on
the IC9700 and buyers (incorrectly) assuming the IC9700 locks to an
external reference (which it doesn’t).

73 Dave

>On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 12:31, Michael >Walker wrote:

> >Would having if be a deal breaker?
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >Sent from my iPad
>

> --