Actually it is not difficult to measure the SWR (or impedance) of an antenna
at its feedpoint.
Remember that an electrical half wave transmission line repeats the
impedance at the far end, so I keep a half wave of RG-8x for many bands
especially for this purpose (the number of bands grows as I add antennas).

Determining the elctriical half wavelength is not difficult with and antenna
analyzer - start with a cable longer than the length needed and just prune
for the length until the reactive part of the imedance goes to zero -
Theroretically, that can be done with the far end of the line either shorted
or open, but my MFJ259 has trouble properly indicating impedances greater
than 650 ohms, so I use the shorted far end and cut the line for R=0 and X=0
or as close to that as I can read.

Connect the half wave line to the antenna feedpoint and the analyzer will
read the actual feedpoint impedance of the antenna.  It is a neat way to
tune single band antennas to match the feedline that you intend to use.

The impedance of the half wavelength line is not critical - use any coax
that you have available, it does not have to be the same as the feedline
that you will eventually use.

73,
Don W3FPR