Hi

I’ve recently bought a KX2 and am enjoying it.  I have an annoying problem with
the KX2 Paddle. The contacts continue to get loose. I have them adjusted so
that there is very little play.  I set them up this way to keep the mechanical
clacking noise down and liked it so much that I changed my other paddle for my
shack radio to the same adjustment.

HOWEVER… on the KX2, after just a few minutes the paddles get loose again and
start clacking again. There is a separate set-screw (that was loose) that I
thought might make tighten onto the adjustment screw and keep it from backing
out.  I’ve tightened them, but they don’t seem to affect the adjustment screw’s
ability to get loose.  And, I don’t see these screws on the exploded view I got
with the KX2 or on the PDF on their website. I guess a second question might be
what do these screws do? One is visible on the top of the right-hand paddle and
one is on the bottom of the left-hand paddle very near to the adjustment
screws.

Thanks in advance,

-ken  K4EES