Sounds like the RS-232 chip in the amp may be fried, especially if the PC com
port it was connected to fried.

I’ve seen this in the public safety world. Lightning hit our phone lines coming
into a PC at the site and took out every com port (multi port). Also com port
on all equipment attached got zapped.

Not sure what else. I do not own the KPA100 so cannot add anything else.

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.