Oh my.   It seems that folks keep designing good stuff, circuits, software,radios and the like, and for economic reasons end up with Chinese manufacturing some of the boards or assemblies.    It doesn't take them long to figure out what makes it tick and end up with a clone available at 1/2 the price or so.   And they don't care about copy-write laws or patients either.   "ok, so sue me".

I'm not naming names, but just look around and find the "Made in China" or the likes.

No way would I write any computer code and make it open source. Thus I say if you want something different, then learn to write code.  Oh, it only takes thousands of hours and many years experience.    And someone wants it for FREE!!!!!!

73

Bob, K4TAX