These two front panel PF1 PF2 button macros have served me well for
quick access & control of fan speed.  They're not perfect, but they're
still quite a time-saver from having to look over at the amp and scroll
through the main MENU items to find FAN, and then make the selection to
EDIT, and then make the selection of speed change.  If the op is
unfamiliar with programming PF1 and PF2, please see the notes below.

Macro For PF1 :    ^BPT11;^FS;^FC1;^BPH11;
Macro For PF2 :    ^FC0;^BPT03;

If desired, a first long press of PF1 triggers Fan Speed 01 and leaves
the LCD screen fixed in the FAN SPEED window.
If desired, a second long press of PF1 triggers the Fan Speed EDIT
function to allow fast or slow changes in fan speed.
If desired, pressing PF2 turns the fan off and returns the LCD screen to
regular amp STATUS window.

Note-1:  The amp's firmware will (supposedly) provide necessary fan
overrides when heat conditions require such.
Note-2:  Amp Firmware used was v.02.17
Note-3:  I was unable to configure a single PF macro button to toggle
between FC1 and FC0.
Note-4:  PF Macros are configured and set using Utility > Configuration
> Edit Configuration > PF Keys tab
Note-5:  The KPA1500 Programming Reference has most all command format
possibilities,
      available at Elecraft.com, title: KPA1500 Release Notes
2.2.2019.E740328 ProgrammingReference Rev 2.03.pdf

Having some fun with the fans and macros, 73 de Mark    W2OR

For those unfamiliar with PF1 PF2 programming, see ....