Don,

Setting each VFO to a frequency within the 15M band cured the "VFO B-A" pop. I
checked the other bands, and found 20M "popping" when changing VFOs. One was
set to 14.223, the other to 14.342. I found a pop as I tuned through ~14.348,
so setting that VFO to a frequency lower that that, cured it. Does the rig
effectively tune through the frequencies between the VFOs as it is switched, so
if there are pops, it might see them?

I still hear pops that are louder than I like as I tune from 15M to 12M, and
17M. When going from each of those bands into 15, it is more of a click - like
between 20M and 10M. I guess I can live with that.

Thanks again for your patience. and for sharing your experience.

73, Jim KO5V