I have been using my cootie so long that I forgot it was a cootie.  I have a
Bengali paddle that I jumped to make it a cootie to use on my K2.  I had
changed the menu setting to hand.  Well, when I tried to update my memory in
button #6 for use with the 13 Colonies event, my radio was ignoring me.  Would
not let me change anything, but it would play what was there already.  I wanted
to put in just my Call.  After much effort in trying to figure this out, I went
to the manual, found that it must be a paddle only, and it came to me that I
was using my paddle as a cootie all this time, and just forgot it was not a
paddle.  I removed the jumper, changed the menu from hand to paddle, and tried
it again.  All was fine.  Radio likes me again :-)   Bottom line is…. for me to
make sure I am using a paddle when trying to change K2 Memories.  73,  Steve -
KI4EZL