i have never had a problem with TMP cables themselves.  They’ve been in and out
of my K3 many times doing upgrades, etc.  I HAVE had a problem with my own
careless installation.

In some socket locations you have to be careful.  You can’t just jam the plug
in the socket when you feel resistance.  On a few of the sockets (not all), if
the cable enter pin is slightly misaligned and you keep pushing, you will end
up displacing the tip end of the socket.  Can’t say that’s what happened here,
but appropriate care can put off a lot of head scratching and diagnosis time
later.

Hard lessons learned the hard way ..

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091 KX3 #8342