Hi Mark... I'm sure you're right that it is something Fldigi is sending but
it is not part of the macro. It's the same macro I use with AFSK (and CW).
It seems to only happen when the macro contains <RX> which is supposed to
put the rig back into receive at the end of the macro. If I send the same
macro without <RX> then there are no additional characters sent.

I'll probably head over to the fldigi forum soon and see what's said there.

Kev