Just a slight clarification to Tom's posting, and some additional information.

The Mast Co. (www.tmastco.com) Does Not sell NEW electric utility hot
sticks/poles.  I do offer NEW heavy duty fiberglass telescopic poles suitable
for ham
use.

I do occassionally get hot stick/pole units from my local utility just like
Tom's group.  I have to buy them as surplus property; the trashed units are
worthless.  I check and clean the units to make them suitable for ham use.
They
are not featured on my web site due to the sporadic availability.  I do have a
significant quantity of spare sections; however, they are missing the
all-important spring-loaded button assemblies that lock the sections together
when
you telescope them.

If you want a new unit, the best way is to contact an electrical supply
company that caters to the utility industry.  Be prepared to pay from $250.00
$500.00 per pole depending on overall length and attachment features.  The 2
major manufacturers are Hastings (www.hfgp.com) and A. B. Chance.  These
manufacturers are not interested in providing their products to the ham
community -
been there, tried that.

73,
Henry - K4TMC