Bret,

There is no way that Audio Isolation transformers (by themselves) could produce an ERR PTT unless you have VOX turned ON and the transformers are making the hum worse.

ERR PTT means that there is a key (or PTT) closure during the power on sequence. Look for the source.

I assume you have set PTT via CAT Command (or something similar) and have turned off VOX in the KX2.

Hanging in transmit can be caused by using two sources to turn on transmit. Make sure there is nothing plugged into the KEY jack and the KXPD2 paddles are not closed - turn VOX to OFF and use PTT via CAT Command from the software for the most reliable PTT operation.

73,
Don W3FPR