I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't sound to me like that would be effective with any single rig, K4 or otherwise.

First off, as best I can tell you need to assign different rigs to the multiple instances of WSJT-X if run on the same computer.  I don't believe you can assign the same rig to two different instances unless you use two separate computers, and then you have the nasty problem of feuding CAT signals.  Please correct me if you have found that statement to be erroneous.

Secondly, you can't simultaneously transmit on both frequencies (unless you use Fox/Hound mode, which is an entirely different matter) and you can't receive on one frequency while transmitting on the other so you end up staggering your QSOs with no gain in effectiveness ... other than maybe quicker band switching than doing it manually.

It seems to me that to gain any benefit without using Fox/Hound you need two separate transmitters, of course fed through a passive combiner if using the same antenna.

Or what am I misunderstanding?

73,
Dave   AB7E