I picked up an 8-pack of these suction cup window candle holders from Amazon
for $7.99
https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Joy-Strongest-Christmas-Celebration/dp/B01G6ED64K/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8QNVHSVD55PT9X9D610K

Three fit on the base tube of the AX1 antenna, clamp it tightly without
crushing, and hold the antenna to the outside of a hotel window with the
Elecraft tripod base and coax attached, as well as two counterpoise tossed
left and right.

Good to operate with KX2/3 or WSPRlite as I’m doing now. This particular
hotel has windows with metal trim and the antenna touches the trim to muck
up TX. Next trip I’ll have some silicone rubber tubing to insulate such
contact. Uber-light with AX1, 3 suction cups, tripod mount and 2
counterpoise, 10ft RG174 coax with Mix31 ferrite bead, WSPRlite, USB cable
and wall wart to AC mains. Fits in a baggie in a sneaker in my luggage.

See me on 20m WSPR at 200mW in FN20 through 8/22/19 in the AM if you can...

BRET/N4SRN

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/