Obviously, a lot of us are dumping our K3's (plural) & K3S' (also plural) as
their prices have fallen through the floor with the introduction of the K4.
(Can't say I'm thrilled about THAT, but it IS inevitable as new models are
introduced.)

However, a lot of the 'for sale' listings cleverly try to sneak the "S" onto
the model number, or imply that it is a K3S when the radio really is NOT a K3S.
Bear in mind, if your radio does not show K3S on the front panel, it is a K3,
albeit upgraded, but  NOT a K3S.

The new synthesizer boards will improve performance, but there are some subtle
differences between a K3 and a K3S that no amount of updating with new boards
or mods can change.

While the K3 concept of buying a newer "upgraded" synthesizer board for
example,  rather than a new radio sounds like a great idea which will surely
change the performance, I feel it is NOT a feasible solution, as it generates a
worthless board that is only good as a pistol target.
My particular course of action was to sell my K3 after I had taken out what
ever options I could add to a new K3S.
That way, I get the latest production changes (note, there ARE a number of them
pertinent ONLY to the K3S) and,  no junk boards are generated.

Too bad I can't do the same thing with the K4.
(Got a nice bullet here I'm about to bite on !)

73, Charlie k3ICH