From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Grant Youngman
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:06 PM
To: Elecraft Refl <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 & K3S for sale

An upgraded K3 (synth, other)  is far better than a mere 90% of an S.  Where’s
the 10% as far as actual performance (not just a dB or two here and there) is
concerned?

Of course, you could (it was originally talked about but never offered as an
“official” upgrade, but you can order it as a part now) buy a K3S 4-layer RF
board, re-kit your K3 and put it in.  But, honestly, the difference between the
radios is in the margin.  If it had been THAT much better it would have been
the K4 and the new one would have been a K5.

I have more than a little sellers's remorse over parting with my updated K3,
but I’ll get over it … maybe this Winter.  Although even that likely may not be
a better radio than a K3 with the critical updates, at least until the hybrid
“H” update is released.

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

delivered to ab...@comcast.net