A point of concern when using a non-Elecraft transceiver, be sure to set the correct value of power from the transceiver to the amp when the amp is active in operate mode    I find that 20 to 25 watts is adequate to drive my KPA500 to rated output.    With a different transceiver, I have switched it to drive the KPA500 and failed to reduce the power to the correct value.  Although I've not damaged my amp nor my transceiver, I really don't want to find out what might occur.    I know there is some protection built into the KPA500 for overdrive, but I prefer not to activate it.

With my K3S, when I switch the KPA500 to Operate, the transceiver is automatically reduced to the correct power to drive the amp.

73

Bob, K4TAX