I built, tested and installed KNB2 Noise Blanker,
in my K2 # 5422 - on 6 May 2006.

Still in the SWL mode, awaiting a stealth antenna, and
having gotten my K2 # 5422 aligned and KSB2 installed
- I've only practiced with using this
KNB2 Noise Blanker on noisy band (CW and SSB)
conditions.

The operation of the KNB2, in contrast to NB's on
various IC-706MKIIG and IC-7000 rigs I've recently
owned - doesn't seem effective at all.  In fact I'm
doubting it does anything?

Today, a large propane truck sat outside, 50 feet
away from this K2 rig - plenty plenty of ignition
noise.  Clearly, on 40m CW ignition noise - none
of that noise is reduced or eliminated by my
new KSB2 at all?

Aside from the simple hi/lo threshold settings -
is there any "alignment" tweaking which I could
do - to make this KNB2 come alive, and work?
And on my KNB2, the hi/low setting don't do
anything either?

Help & 73's
6/15/2006
Fred N3CSY