Symmetry?  The whole show with rhombics is beamwidth and elevation angle, not really gain, which has been pointed out in much of the literature.  A "perfect" rhombic will have an extremely narrow beamwidth in the 10 to 15 deg range at HF [and if large enough, at MF as well].  Asymmetry will distort that characteristic, and raise the amplitude of side lobes.  Effective rhombics for ham usage will require an "array' of them with different headings.  Lots of land, lots of property taxes. Stacked, rotatable yagi's might be a better choice if your bank account is sufficient.  Trees growing inside a rhombic will slowly degrade its performance, yet another cost.  Of course, you might be able to sell the lumber. [:-)

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County