A small correction. Delano, Dixon and further east Bethany were not VOA sites.
They were originally private broadcaster’s sites. I can’t remember which was
what but Bethany and Delano were CBS and NBC. Bethany was Crosley. Eventually
VOA took these sites over  as commercial broadcasters found little value in
shortwave. Greenville was the only true VOA site on US soil.

The engineers who kept these sites going were heros as many of those
transmitters became antiques and in some cases had to fabricate parts. That is
the unfortunate legacy of US shortwave broadcast.

Sent from my iPad