I have been very impressed with the architecture and features of the K4, as
announced. I was able to hear Eric describe the ideas behind it at the
Boxboro ARRL convention a few weeks back, and think it will be a fine
addition to the line.

The one feature I didn't hear about, and didn't think to ask at the time,
was what the plans are for coverage of our two new LF and MF bands. The K4
brochure indicates both that "Frequency Range: 100 kHz - 54 MHz..." likely
referring to the receive range, and that "Basic K4 XCVR provides 160-6 m all
mode coverage."

I wonder if the basic K4 will transceive at all on the new bands. Perhaps I
missed that discussion?

Regards, Joel Hallas, W1ZR
Westport, CT