I have talked with Elecraft today about the need for the E850607 parts kit. I
was told this parts kit is needed for the Rev. D9 board that is populated with
surface mount components.  I have an EARLIER board (A or B) that has the
non-surface mounted yellow capacitors.  Because Elecraft could no longer
procure components for the A or B boards, they went with a surface mount board.
 It is this surface mount board that needs its parts changed and not the
earlier A and B boards.  This was what the Elecraft technician told me.   Roy
Morris  W4WFB