I read that folks have successfully used the Clifton buffer amp.   Certainly worth a try.   Others have indicated only about 6 dB of gain is needed.

The software I use for my RSP-1 allows RF Gain changes.  Thus with the lower IF output of my K3S, I just raise the gain of the RSP-1 via the software.  I've never considered the SDR receivers of that type to be very precise with regard to "calibration". Although some seem to think they can split hairs on a mosquito with the level and frequency accuracy of the receivers.    I do not consider them of instrumentation quality, thus anything +/-10 dB is deemed satisfactory.  Likewise the same with frequency accuracy.  Others may have different experiences with different receivers.

73

Bob, K4TAX