On 10/12/2019 11:30 AM, WW3S wrote:

> Half truth....well maybe 1/4 truth....one, repeat ONE, repeater owner
> got a letter from a tower he was on, but didn’t own, that he would be
> charged rent going forward....he didn’t like it, and started all this
> crap....no “officials” declared that ham radio was no longer a
> benefit....one guy , the repeater owner, started all this by posting
> on qrz.com a few weeks ago. His call was K6UDA.

When I was with the Feds in the 1970s we were granted space on a
California State site on Mt. Diablo for our VHF (167 MHz) repeater on a
space available basis.  In the 1990s the State Department of General
Services (the "landlord") decided to charge other agencies rent.  After
years of negotiations to no avail, we took our stuff out.  Penny wise
and pound foolish.  I wonder what John Lemmon, the state's manager of
communication services, thinks of all this.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon