My sister and brother in law sailed from Europe on a Crystal Cruise ship. I met
them in Halifax NS and had lunch on board the ship. After lunch we went to see
their cabin. On a lark I picked up the telephone and asked for the Radio Room.
After being connected I asked if there was a Ham Radio operator on board. “Just
a minute”.

The next voice said : “hello this is Per, LA3FL”. I introduced myself. We had
QSOed often. A few minutes later there was a steward at the door of the cabin.
I was escorted to where all of the action was. A great and accidental meeting
of two Hams. Some good photos too. I still QSO, Per LA3FL now that he is
retired from sailing.

That meeting was indeed fantastic.

Ham Radio what a great hobby

73